Anti-thief project for
A. Requirements analysis
The multiple shops and optional supermarkets are becoming more and more popular with us, at the same time the loss of the merchandises is becoming increasingly serious, too. Shopkeepers have been concerned about the stealing prevention of merchandises and the security of the shops more and more. EAS (Electronic Article Surveillance) system has changed the traditional staring ways by technological prevention. The system can prevent the loss of the merchandises and can increase economic benefits. This high-tech system has been accepted by most of the merchants and it has been applied to Chinese market widely.
Most of the large-scale retail enterprises have used the electronic anti-thief system. EAS system has been used in many developed cities such as Beijing , Shanghai , Guangzhou and Shenzhen. EAS has become the mainstream anti-thief system in the markets.
The sorts and capabilities contrast of marketplace electronic anti-thief system:
There are four main technologies of EAS system. They are RF, EM, AM and Smart ID. RF and EM products are cheaper and their labels are usually pasted in the packaging or in the merchandises permanently. Microwave and AM labels are more expensive. Most of the markets prefer to the EM and RF products and their system introductions are followed.
The system is composed by sensor deactivator and electronic label/tag and the detacher as the assistant equipment.
There are soft labels and hard tags. Soft labels are cheaper and they can be pasted in the "hard" merchandises directly but they cannot be reused. Hard tags are more expensive but they can be reused. There must be some expert detachers matching with the tags that are more used in the soft and easy penetrable objects like clothes. The detachers are non-contact equipments with a high decoding capacity. When the cashiers are checking the merchandises out the labels/tags can be decoded without contacting the degaussing areas. There are equipments that composed by deactivator and laser bar code scanner. They can do the gathering and decoding at the same time to increasing cashiers' working efficiency. But this need laser bar code scanner suppliers' cooperation to rule out the interference of the equipments and increase decoding sensitivity. The sensor is a detecting device at the passageways of the markets or at the cashier channels. After the right payments the cashiers can neutralise the labels/tags to let the merchandises leave legally. The merchandises without normal decoding will make the door detectors alarm when they are passing the channels. The alarm will remind the cashiers, customers and the guards to deal with the situation immediately.
This system is composed by detecting antennae, EM deactivator/reactivator, EM strips and EM strip check equipment as the assistant equipment.
1. Detecting rate:
Detecting rate refers to the alarm efficiency when numbers of effective labels/tags are passing the detecting areas from defferent directions to different positions.
RF system: to the commodities, the soft labels of the RF system is round circular coils style, so if the commodities have some metal parts or have tinfoil with them the system may lose its alarm function. So its general alarm rate is lower between 68%~80%.
EM system: the tinfoil and small metal won't have so much influence on the EM strips so the system has a higher alarm rate about 95%.
2. Anti-metal interference:
RF system will be influenced most among them by metals. That could be its main limit in actual use. Em system will be influenced by metal objects, too. When there are some large metal objects pasing into the detecting areas the system will "stop". When the metal shopping carts or baskets are passing the merchandises inside them with effective labels/tags won't make the system alarm because of shielding action.
3. Protecting width:
Marketplaces need to consider the protecting width of the anti-thief system for fear that the width is too narrow to pass. All the marketplaces wish their passageways be wider.
The setting width of the EM system is 75~120 cm and the setting width of RF system is 90~200 cm.
4. The sorts of its protecting merchandises:
To the whole emporium, many merchandises of it has tinfoil packages or metal parts that will have serious influence on RF system, so RF system could protect less number of merchandises and EM system could protect more kinds of merchandises than RF system.
The price of EM detecting antennae is higher than RF system.
The price of EM materials is much less than RF system.
B. Compare with CCTV system. The advantages of the EAS system are obvious:
1. High efficiency. The EAS system can catch the thieves when they are passing the detecting channels and this system have a huge warning effect psychologically. The CCTV system could see the stealing behaviors, too, but the guards could check them only after they go out. It has a longer tracking time and it won't be effective every time.
2. Save manpower.
The CCTV system need the workers to staring at the screens all day long which increases the salary cost and makes the management more different, whereas the EAS system could be part-time managed by guards.
C. The working modes and equipments selection of EAS system:
1. Set the anti-thief labels/tags on the merchandises.
2. Set the detectors at the passageways of the marketplaces.
3. After the payment, decode the soft labels or take the hard tags away with expert equipments.
4. When the merchandises without payment (that has label/tags inside) are passing the channels the door detectors could fine them and alarm to stop them.
Anti-thief equipments selection:
RF system: detecting antennae + deactivators (used for soft labels only) + soft labels + detachers (used for hard tags only) + hard tags
D. Checking project and layout:
According to different requirements we have two constructive projects.
1. Separate the persons and goods:
I. Set the detectors at the cashiers;
. Set the detachers at the cashiers;;
. . Set the soft labels on the commodities, set the hard tags on the clothes and shoes and hats, set the wine lock on the winebottles and set the milk lock on the milk boxes.
This project has many advantages:
Customers and their commodities are separated to pass the different channels. Customers pass the detecting channels and the commodities pass the cashing table and they are passed to the customers by the cashiers later. In this way you needn't to buy deactivator. The system is cheaper with the same anti-thief function and it reduces the staff's workload and makes them work more efficient. ( Defects: the total cost is higher; advantages: avoid the contradictions between merchants and customers caused by the system alarm because the commodities are not degaussed enough, create a more comfortable shopping atmosphere. )
2. Protecting modes in exits:
. Set detectors at the main exits ;
? . Set deactivator and detachers on the cashier tables ;
. Set the soft labels on the commodities, set the hard tags on the clothes and shoes and hats, set the wine lock on the winebottles and set the milk lock on the milk boxes.
If a market separates the entrances and exits then they just need to set detectors at the exits. Comparing with A, it could reduce the number of the equipments and save investing costs (reducing the number of the detecting antennae). (Defects: higher requirements on cashiers. When there are large number of customers the cashiers may be so busy to miss some commodities, which will cause the contradictions between workers and customer, and at this time it's hard to distinguish whether the commodities are missing degaussed ones or being stolen ones. Advantages: the total costs for equipments are lower and the location will not impact the setting generally.)
E. The function of the anti-thief system:
1. Preventing thefts. The system changed the old ways that the workers have to gaze at the customers or the workers have to take good care of the merchandises in case that someone would steal them. The system makes each of the merchandises protects themselves and solves the stealing problem totally. That would reduce the loss of marketplaces.
2. Simplify management. The system could effectively prevent inner thieves, ease contradictions between managers and staff, exclude the staff's psychological barriers and let them work absorbedly and increase working efficiency. Also the system could reduce the number of employees and optimize employees at the original basics to save operating costs and improve service level.
3. Alarm. The system could stop the customers stealing with a tough and polite way. It could avoid the disputes between persons and it could protect the profit of the shopkeepers, meanwhile respecting the human rights. The system could warn and stop the thieves psychologically.
4. Improve the shopping atmosphere. Many people hate the old gazing way. The system could create a better atmosphere that customers could select merchandises freely, and it could improve the relationship between the merchants and the customers which makes the circumstance more comfortable and help the merchants to attract more customers.
5. Beautify the circumstance. The system is a high-tech and pretty product, it could beautify the circumstance when protecting the merchandises. The system is a new trend for all the marketplaces.
F. Engineering setting rules:
1. The special power outlets are set at the cashier and there are earth wires.
Setting form rules:
1. Pre-embedded pipelines: pre-embed 25PVC pipes. Detecting doors and host use dual-core shielded wires.
2. Cut ground: the cutting is behind the shielded wires. Make sure the ground surface and the metal u-shaped groove are in the same level and guarantee the leakage lines and collapsing holes won't appear.
3. Arc metal groove: insure it's clean before sticking on the ground and then fix it and put the groove and the two detecting antennae as the " ? " shape.
Remark: insure the grooves are straight as a beeline and relatively connect the step lines according to 45 degree at the corners.
Training after the setting:
Training aimed at staff:
1. Correct sticking way and attention note about the system.
2. Normal operations of the additional equipments: such as the normal use of the EM deactivator/reactivator or common queations.
3. Normal operations and attention notes of equipments.
4. Troubleshooting of common faults and simple faults.
5. Correct operation after alarm.
G. Products Description
RF anti-thief system
RF anti-thief system works according to the passive LC resonance reflection principle. The mainboard uses digital circuits and its setting and regulation are intelligent without too much manpower. Its appearance is pretty and its sensitivity is high, the misreporting rate is low and the anti-thief capacity is reliable. Its steel tubes are thickening high quality tubes that can prevent impacting damage effectively. Our products are excellent in quality and reasonable in price. Our products are the best anti-thief systems for all the domestic marketplaces, cloth stores and supermarkets.
Particular TRIMMER-ADI technology
Higher sensitivity and detecting rate
Multiple anti-interference technology and double insurance
Its combination is flexible and you could use them by couples or many together.
Detect 8.2MHz hard tags and soft labels
Power: 220VAC/400mA ± 10%
Normal detecting distance
Power Consumption: 12W
Standard big hard tag: standard distance is 1.2 m, the maximum distance is 2.0 m.
Center frequency: 8.2MHz
Standard small hard tag: standard distance is 1.2m, the maximum distance is 1.4 m.
Standard soft labels: s tandard distance is 1.2m, the maximum distance is 1.4 m.
Anti-thief soft labels
Anti-medium matched with RF anti-thief system.
They are mainly used to the nonmetal merchandises without tinfoil paper. (Metal objects could screen the transmitting electronic waves from soft labels. It is limited by the present technology of RF system which has no solution.)
Turnoff the inner circuits by deactivator to decode.
? EM Reactivator is a equipment to decode the soft labels. It is specially used for RF system.
Its detecting height is 30cm. Any 8.2MHZ soft labels will be decode in this area.
You could trust in its unique decoding and alarming function (sound-light information).
Completely digital technology and high speed signal processing.
Hard Tags Winebottle & Milk lock
? This product with special alarm coils and super strong ABS engineering plastics is firm and durable and it has very high sensitivity.
? This product could be widely used to clothes, shoes & hats, sports things, boxes & bags, drinks, milk and so on.
We have many styles and sizes, black/gray/milk white and we can make for your special orders.
Hard tag detachers:
( prevent inner thieves )
Super power hard tag detacher
It's the special equipment used to the hard tags and audio-video locks.
It's made of whole steels with powerful magnetic cylinder.
Pretty and firm.
It's an expert anti-thief lock and can prevent inner thieves efficiently.
Cigarette lock CD ? DVD lock
Digital camera protecting seats and automatic backing device
Digital camera protecting assembly
Cell phone seat ( SK-005 ) & cell phone back care ( SK-N980 )
Mobile sensor (with rechargeable devices)
Cell phone protecting assembly